Dr. Ranjana Sharma is presently working as Senior Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. She has 35 years of experience in the specialty, working in both teaching and non-teaching hospitals. Her work experience is split between India, UK and Saudi Arabia. Patients in India included a large number of foreign nationals from embassies. Her focus is on delivering treatment that is based on evidence, recognized and recommended internationally and agreed mutually with patients. She puts special emphasis on patient counseling, discussion regarding management and patient education.
Obstetrics: Dr Sharma provides care of pregnancies and deliveries including the high risk ones. She has a vast experience in Normal and Operative vaginal deliveries, modern methods of fetal monitoring, painless labour, water-birth and VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean Section).
Gynaecology: Her professional strength also lies in the treatment of Urinary leakage and related problems, Menopause, Adolescent medicine, PCOD, Fibroids, Prolapse, Bleeding problems, Ovarian cysts and tumours, Endometriosis, Gynae cancers and pre cancers, problems of discharge, Vaginal surgery including aesthetic vaginal surgery, Minimally invasive surgery including Robotic surgery, Hysteroscopy, Colposcopy and HPV related issues, laparoscopy and Infertility.
She offers medical and surgical management of urinary problems including minimally access surgery, ‘Tape’ for Stress Urinary Incontinence and non operative treatment for varios gynaecological conditions including fibroids and heavy periods.
- FICOG Indian College of Obs and Gynae in 2015
- PG Cert in Medical Education Warwick University, UK in 2011
- FRCOG Royal College of Obs and Gynae, London in 2005
- MRCOG Royal College of Obs and Gynae, London in 1992
- Senior Residency Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi in 1980-1983
- MS (Obs/Gynae) GR medical College, Gwalior in 1980
- MBBS GR medical College, Gwalior in 1971- 1977
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Areas of Interest
- Minimally Invasive surgery including Robotic surgery
- Adolescence and Menopausal Medicine
- Fibroids, Endometriosis, Ovarian cysts, Infertility
- Pregnancy and related problems
Fellowship / Membership
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London
- Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Elected Representative of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Co-ordinating Committee for North Zone, India 2003-2006 and 2007-2010.
- Secretary of the Delhi Chapter of Indian Menopause Society 2009
- Elected member of the Governing Council, Indian Menopause Society 2002-05
- Delhi City Coordinator for ‘Growing up progrmamme’ of Adolescent Health Committee of FOGSI 2009
- Member of the ‘Core Committee for Prevention of Cervical Cancer’ of FOGSI 2009
- Ex Member of the Executive Council of Delhi Gynaecologists’ Forum (East).