Obstetrics & Gynecology
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
MBBS, MRCOG (UK), FRCOG(UK), FICOG, FIMSA, PGDMLS,PGDHHM
Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences
- British Fertility Society, U.K.
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist (UK)- Continued Professional Development (CPD) Programme.
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Fertility Society
- Association Of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist of Delhi – (AOGD – FOGSI)
- Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction
- Indian Menopause Society
- Delhi Society for Prenatal Diagnosis & Therapy
- Endometriosis Society of India
- Over 27 years experience in Obs. & Gynae.
- Over 20 year of experience in IVF and Infertility
- Senior Consultant Obstetrician, Gynaecologist, Infertility and IVF specialist at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, since 1996.
- Incharge IVF Lab – Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, since 2002.
- 15 years experience of working at various teaching and non-teaching hospitals in U.K. with special focus on high risk pregnancy and infertility.
- 4 ½ years experience of practicing as a full time “Infertility and IVF Specialist” at Sheffield Fertility Centre, UK and Research Associate at University of Sheffield UK
- Established a successful IVF, ICSI programme and Semen Bank as per international and national guidelines at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi in 2002.
- Team leader / Incharge IVF Lab since 2002.
- Co-ordinator for department of Obs. & Gynae Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals for 4 years (Years 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005).
- Vice Chairperson – AICC North Zone – RCOG UK (Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist) since 2008
- General Secretary – Indian Fertility Society since June 2009
- Organized several national and international conferences
Several publications in National and International Journals and book chapters. Only a few are listed below –
- Verma Sohani- Book Chapter on ‘Oxidative Stress and Role of Antioxidants’- in Recurrent Pregnancy Loss. 2nd International Edition 2007. Editors Mala Arora and Justin C Konje. Page 244-248.
- Verma Sohani. Fertility Preservation Before Therapy For Cancer- New Perspectives. Apollo Medicine Vol. 3, No. 1, March 2006, Page 15-26.
- Verma Sohani, Teotia Alok. Evolution of successful IVF / ICSI programme at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi – Apollo Medicine Vol. 3, No. 1, March 2004, Page 144-150.
- Verma Sohani, Teotia A and Mishra A. Successful outcome after intracytoplasmic sperm injection and embryotransfer (ICSI and ET) with IVIG treatment. Apollo Medicine 2004; 1:60-62.
- Monks NJ, Turner K, Hooper MAK, Kumar A, Verma S, Lenton EA. Development of embryos form natural cycle in-vitro fertilization: impact of medium, type and female infertility factors. Human Reproduction 1993;8:266-271.
- Lenton EA, Cooke ID, Hooper MAK, King H, Kumar A, Monks N, Turner K, Verma S. In vitro fertilization in the natural cycle. Bailliere’s Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1992; 6:229-245.
- Lenton EA, Hooper MAK King H, Kumar A, Monks NJ, Verma S, Osborn J. Normal and abnormal implantation in spontaneous in vivo and in vitro human pregnancies. J Reproduction and Fertility 1991; 92:555-565.
- Verma S, Turner K, Hooper MAK, Kumar A, Monks NJ, Lenton EA. Influence of elevated luteinising hormone during the follicular phase on fertility as assessed in a natural cycle IVF programme. Human Reproduction 1991;6 (abstr suppl):187.