Hematology, Hemato-oncology and Blood & Marrow Transplant (BMT)
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
MD, DM- Clinical Hematology (Mumbai)
Areas of Specialization
- Blood & Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Blood Cancers (Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma)
- Anemia, Thalassemia, Bleeding & Clotting disorders
Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences
Leukemia & Blood & Marrow Transplant; Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, British Columbia Cancer Agency. Vancouver – BC – Canada
Professional Society Membership
- Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (Life Member)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Worked as Consultant, - Hemato-oncology & Stem Cell Transplant (BMT), at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New-Delhi
- Worked as Fellow-Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplantation Division Of Hematology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Worked as senior resident (DM-Clinical Hematology) at Seth G.S. Medical College & KEM hospital, Mumbai-India.
- Worked as consultant at Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked as Sr. Resident at GTB Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked as Clinical assistant- Hematology at PD Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai.
- Worked as Sr. AMO at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai.
- Worked as Junior resident at Seth G.S. Medical College & KEM hospital, Mumbai-India.
Successfully performed more than 150 Hematopoietic stem cell Transplants (BMT). 40% of which was allogeneic including Haplo-identical and antigen mismatch transplants.
As a Hematologist & Hemato-oncologist taking care of Acute Leukemia (AML/ ALL), Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, CML, CLL, Chronic Myelo-proliferative Neoplasm, Myelodysplastic syndrome as well as anemia, Thalassemia, Bleeding and clotting disorders. We had performed more than 300 induction therapies for acute leukemia.
- Worked as principal investigator for 2010DRL001: An investigator initiated observational study to evaluate the response rate and toxicity (safety) of the combination of bendamustine and rituximab (BR) in fresh adult chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients
- Principal Investigator for IVPL_RT_01: A study of Rituximab in patients with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma a type of cancer.
Publications & Presentation
An unusual presentation of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus, 2008; :24(2) 59-62
“Lymph node and Tuberculosis: Clinical, Pathological and Microbiological Correlation.” In CYTOCON-2003 at Pune, India.
“Spectrum of small intestinal lymphoma in western India” in International conference on emerging trends in hematology and immunohematology at Mumbai, India.
“Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Demographic and clinical profile from a tertiary center in western India” in Leukemias: molecular insights to treatment paradigms at Mumbai.
Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in Lymphoma: Why & When; Evidence Based Review. Cancer News, Dec 2011;5(5) 10-12.
Acute Myeloid Leukemia- An Update. RGCI Newsletter-External- Mar 2012; 16(3) 2-3.
Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation in a patient with Burkitts Lymphoma and paraparesis. Rajeeb Kumar Deo; Prakash Chitalkar; Shishir Seth,; Kundan Chufal, Hilal Ahmed Yattoo, Abha Bhalla Poster presented at the 52 nd Annual Meeting of the Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Chandigarh, November 11-13, 2011.